Greetings Everyone!
As many of you know, my heart has long been in Africa from my love of music, food, history, and people in general. For the last couple of years I have felt this desire to go to Africa, but for whatever reason it did not come to pass until now. My love took me to Teachers Helping Teachers (THT) and after reading a mass email through the school board. I found myself googling on my little Acer laptop late one night to check it all out and a few clicks later I was invisioning my summer in Kenya surrounded by the warm African sun and learning from the Maasai people while working with the teaching staff and students.
The purpose of this Blog is to catologue my excitement and fundraising ambitions up to the trip in July followed by photo sharing and blogging about the events that will take place. I commit to anyone who helps my fundraising ambitions a personalized thank you note (I know it sounds lame, but trust me the world has forgotten to say thank you and this little teacher does what she preaches to her Gr. 7's) so look forward to some personalized mail. Likewise you will have access to great one of a kind items like an original cookbook (in the process of being written) and once I return an event in August like no other with Kenyan Door Prizes and a photo slideshow and gathering of wonderful people in the heart of Toronto. I know you are wondering how you might resist. :) Don't worry there will be plenty of time to help! Click on the next Blog to read the various events taking place to help fundraise.
Thanks for Reading!
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment